Another update
Hey guys.. Another week of my life here for you to read about!Hmm.. Ok, there isnt really much happening during weekends besides school, but the past week was Club Week.. Kinda like CCA day, and you walk around all the club booths and sign up for stuff.. None of it is compulsory btw, but then again it looks good on ur resume =) There was a sports car club, my friend told me it was more of a car-racing club, and they had like really nice sports cars on display.. All the guys were fawning over the cars.. and so were some of the guys I knew.. There are a surprisingly large number of Chinese clubs here, I dunno why; I signed up for one of them only because they have a membership card that gives really good discounts at lots of stores. Plus they give nice gifts too.. not intending to participate in their activities, I dun really like them that much to tell the truth, but I joined anyway for the heck of it. Then.. I joined Unicef, which is this volunteer thingy.. wanna see what they do most of the time! and I so badly wanted to join the sailing club, but !!! Membership is $245 and taking courses are an additional $75. I honestly wouldnt mind the price, because I can actually get $90 back so its only $150, which is membership fee for a whole year! But the sad thing is.. Sailing and kayaking & windsurfing is really fun only in summer, but I wont be here in summer! Sucks.. So I signed up for this hiking and camping thing instead.. see what they're gonna do..
I just went to the beach today because I'm participating in a Longboat competition.. It's a bit like Dragonboat but less people, around 10 ppl per boat. It's such a lovely day today! The sun is shining(finally! raining for past few days) the wind is cool and the sea is fanatastic! I had a really good time at the beach practicing for the competition.. So lovely, I wish I didnt have to go back to the Uni! And its only like 10 min bus ride from school.. Must go there more often..
Weirdly enough, I know quite a lot of korean and japanese people.. Of course, I found a couple of Singapore ppl, and they told me apparently there's a Singapore RAFFLES(WTH) society somewhere here, but I dunno where they are.. So i tink i'll pass! Its enough hanging out with 2/3 of them.. and they're so active! like.. always participating in so many things, I feel so lazy compared to them.. There are also like parties almost every weekend here, on campus ! I dunno if most ppl go out to club or what, but there are definitely things happening on weekends here.. esp in the dorms.. because quiet hours are like 1am on fridays and saturdays. Very strangely, I have to tell u guys, I've been sleeping at like 4-5am in the morning on Friday nights.. Saturday nights around 2-3am.. Fridays are just kinda wild and fun here! Last week, I went out to Richmond for really good food, and we were supposed to go to a night market but we couldnt, cos then we would miss the last bus! So we went back and reached our dorm around 1130pm, and someone called me and told me there was a party at our brother house (Robson). So we went, and when we got there, they were shooing people out already! The guy didnt even let us in, but we got in in the end.. The party shifted from 3rd floor to 4th, and we had just sat down on the 4th for 5 min and someone kicked us out again.. weird.. And its so funny, my friend told me that in Canada parties, you have to bring your own booze. So sad!
After the party.. me and a friend went to Robson lounge and sat with a guy.. and we just sat there for a long time, watching drunk ppl stagger in and out and make a fool out of themselves.. hehehehe.. Drunk ppl are funny sometimes! We stayed there until like 4am then went back to our rooms.. This week Saturday was a bit... hmmmm dunno how to describe. Normally my house is really quiet and nice.. But then 3 of our friends, which we invited over, had drunk to much and too fast.. so all 3 of them were such goners.. They were like rolling around in the hall and talking really loudly.. We had to get ppl from their house to bring them back to their rooms.. Afterwards we played cards with ppl from other houses.. until like 330am.. hahaha.. It was fun though! For more details, I think I'll show u guys pictures instead..
And every night there are ppl 'studying' in the lounge, and we end up talking and chatting instead of studying.. that's bad.. like really bad because u just get so distracted.. Sigh.. But its hard to resist when ppl u know are chatting and laughing outside ur door.. U dun wanna just stay in ur room and do homework by yourself!
Oh well.. I think i've gone on for quite enough.. hahaha i will put pics up too! so pardon the pic spam please.. Next week's the longboat race.. Well.. Hope we dont get last!!
till next time..
HauLing
(hehe i can speak with an accent but be assured that I can still speak singlish very very well)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home