Thursday, September 09, 2004

Long awaited

Like this is really long long awaited by everyone.. haha I'm sooo popular! Ok, down to proper business.. I dont know what to start out with, there's just so much that I would wanna say and stuff.. So I'll just talk about school, if that's alright with everyone...

So, my luggage... It was soo luckily found and I received it around 9 p.m at night.. Thank goodness I went to check, cos I was intending to give it up and check the next day! Well, the airport told me that I would get it by afternoon, but the ting is I didnt give them a proper address, so I was trying to call them to give the accurate address, and they kept putting me on hold.. Well, thank goodness it worked out in the end..

Ok, about my dorm.. I'm in Place Vanier, a residence mostly for first years.. There's a afeteria with super unhealthy food, unless u only eat salad and sandwiches! My house is called Kootenay House, not Koo-Te-Nay but Koot-ny, kinda weird spelling.. Well, the front door doesnt work, cos it's always supposed to be closed and only those living on res can get in, but we have to get in through the back door all the time. Which is a bitch, but.. There are maybe 20 ppl on my floor.. Kinda lots of Asians, but most of them are from Canada itself.. Me and my roommate are international, she's frm HK and there's also another exchange student from HK in her third year. There's someone from Iran and another from Indonesia, and the US... who else.. cant really remember, but 3/4 of them are easy to get to know, cos they dunno anyone here either. The 1/4 who are harder to get to know have good friends here in UBC so they always go out with them instead, and there are some who kinda seem like they only likt to party, so they went to get to know the party ppl, and haha! left us unpartying ppl behind!

But it's ok, I kinda know most of them, not super super well like i do with u guys and gals back in SP, so I'm hoping that I'll get to know someone really well... I've met ppl on the 3rd and 2nd floors, but its harder cos i dun see them that often.. I'm hoping to get to know this girl called Rosemarie(Fran!).. She's from Calgary and kinda shares my interests, I talked to her a lot when we had some Capture the Flag game..and I tried to chase a guy down(haha it's not what it sounds like) and he tripped over a fire hydrant!

Well, we had an impromptu floor meeting after some house meeting about rules, then all the girls started chatting, and we're kinda like having a floor outing to go downtown this weekend! I hope most ppl can make it.. then it'll be really fun..

School started today, and I have hw already! So fast.... first assignment on friday, it's like a readers response to a passage, but i think it's only supposed to be 2 paragraphs, so that's ok.. I'll prob go over the word limit.. Met someone I knew from my floor at Math 101, which is actually a Math honors class, so shiteeee... And it's not very easy, esp since I dun like limits.. I hope I'm just rusty and not that I suck.. I have hw for that too.. which is like next Wednesday..

Err... running out of things to say... I'm looking up all the clubs here, wanna see what I can join..

Well, I'll update when there's more interesting stuff.. but for now.. this is it! Email me and talk to me u guys.. Miss u all..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home