Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Me, my silly pose and Whistler Village bring you Season's Greetings and all the best for 2009! (P.S. can you see the snow?? gan3 dong4 mah?? like a korean drama.)
So I spent my Christmas in Whistler this year, and it was a white Xmas for sure! So white, in fact that I was beginning to get worried that I would be actually drowned and buried in the snow if I stood in the same spot for more than 10 mins.
Bearing loads of trouble happening just before the trip: i.e. one of the gondolas broke a week before I was going up, my friend whom I was supposed to go with bailed out on me 2 days before because he was stuck in cuba and denied entry to Canada, etc etc.. I'm surprised this trip actually worked out! I went with my brother and sister in the end.. Was fine but three people trying to share a double bed is seriously uncool..
Weather was horrid the first day up, was snowing so hard! and the wind was incredibly strong.. we actually decided not to do the last run because we were practically being blown backwards, and couldnt really see well..Plus the gondola didnt work for the early half of the morning, so we had to chairlift up the mountain, which is something I never want to do again in the middle of the snowstorm.. I was seriously frozen by the time we got up there..
(taken halfway up)
If only you knew how far up the lift went...
So we decided to practice and start on the smaller hills..
(On a chair lift)
which was relatively fun and easy.. Look at the baby girl! So many kids zipping around like little devils.. I wish i'd learned when I was small! Probably wouldnt hurt that much..
And then we took the new Peak2Peak gondola! It just opened this year, and joins both mountains at their peak! It's a pretty awesome idea because I find it a humongous hassle to go between mountains.. And this effectively fixes the problem while making people all excited about it! But you see... I never realized that it was that high up..
We were already a bit more than halfway across, and so the gondola had us suspended really, really high up and held up only by a rope... It was frankly a bit more terrifying than I had imagined.. I'm not afraid of heights, but sitting in that gondola and looking down.. (considering that we were right in the middle of a blizzard), I wasn't very sure if I wanted to go back to Whistler mountain on the gondola.. I did in the end, but yeah.. it was quite unnerving..
The next day was incredibly gorgeous though!!! No clouds in the sky, no snow, only sunshine and warmth.. I didn't realise that I had taken some incredibly gorgeous pictures..
(Taken from the 'peak' of the mountain, always yi shan bi yi shan gao!)
Also, if you can vaguely see a chairlft going up the peak, that chairlift is called "The Peak" and I took it up once.. Way too scary to come back down though..There's really nothing but a thin line protecting you from falling off the cliff side.. I'm never doing it again until I'm really good..
In front of the cabin we had lunch at... and me decked out in full gear!

We did the Peak2Peak again because it was such a nice day.. and my sis took some really nice pictures.. mostly to illustrate how high up we were i guess!
This was taken through glass so the reflection of the guy next to her can be vaguely seen.. Btw, the gondola has hugge windows.. and there's also one with a glass bottom!
And then we went home, got stuck in traffic and snow for an extra 2 hours, and baked muffins and THE END! haha.. very abrupt i know, but that's about it...

Once again, Happy New Year and may this year be better and bigger than ever!!!

Mr Bear says hello too!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home